Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This week's favorite products!

I am a carb addict! I love bread, potatoes, and pasta but the points can add up pretty fast with those. We have found a few recipes and products that help curb the carb craving in a healthy, good for you way!

Mashed Cauliflower! Done right, it can be a great replacement for mashed potatoes. If you aren't totally sold on the idea, try replacing 1/4 or a 1/2 of the potatoes and go from there. Here is another recipes that looks great; putting it on my list to try!

For the pasta, we try to stick with either Barilla Plus or Barilla Whole Grain pastas. I have heard a lot of negative comments on wheat or whole grain pasta, but I think the Barilla Plus tastes the most like regular pasta.

Bread became the most complicated issue in our weight loss efforts. Once you become a label reader, you will quickly notice that it is almsot impossible to find bread that does not contain enriched flour or high fructose corn syrup (or both). I finally found a bread that does not and I always stick with it or the higher fiber version of it. Thank you Nature's Own for providing some great tasting healthy breads!

No comments:

Post a Comment