Thursday, March 18, 2010

Throw it Together Night

Tonight I made an easy dinner that used up some of the things we had on-hand.    We had burgers on Tuesday night, so I had some leftover cooked ground beef and turkey so I crumbled that up in half a jar of pasta sauce to make a meat sauce.  I added that to a few servings of cooked low-carb pasta, a 1/2 cup of ricotta, a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and put it in a baking dish.  I sprinkled with a bit of shredded mozzarella and baked it.   Easy baked ziti!  I paired it with a salad and slice of garlic bread and had a wonderful dinner with lots of leftovers for another day.  :)

I really like to try to use up opened packages before they go bad, so tonight I was able to use the last of the ricotta and most of the cottage cheese.   We usually package the ground meat in a way that allows for 1-2 meals when thawed.   We are going to be making the switch to ground turkey completely very soon, so I'm trying to combine turkey and beef to use up what beef we do have on hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment