Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 1: Preparing!

Welcome! Let's get started losing that weight!

Day 1: Sign up or get information together on the program you want to follow! I chose Weight Watchers because I know it worked for me before! I signed up for the online program today! You can do something simple; writing down what you eat in a journal and making a note of your daily activity is a great free way to start!

Start clearing out the pantry/fridge/freezer! If it is not in the house, you can't eat it!! :o) I'm sure the food banks can use any food donations you want to send their way, so it will not be wasted if you donate it!

Work on setting up healthy snacking and dinners. I started this by making fruit and carrots easily accessible in our fridge (see photo!) Jason packs his lunch in a hurry, so I went ahead and bagged up the good stuff so he doesn't have to skip it because it is too much work.
Finally, and yes, you must.... Go weigh yourself so you know where you are starting out! I know, I know. I heard my scale groan too, but maybe it will cheer for me when I lose that first pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment